Yoga - Vinyasa Flow
What is Yoga?
Yoga is an old discipline from India. The word Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit root yui, meaning to control, to yoke or to unite. It is both spiritual and physical, connecting the mind, body and soul. Yoga uses breathing techniques, meditation and asanas (postures). Many branches of yoga include Raja, Karma, Jnana, Bhakti and Hatha yoga. Vinyasa flow stems from Hatha yoga which is designed to align and calm the mind, body and spirit. Vinyasa is characterised by linking postures together so that you move from one to another, seamlessly using the breath, therefore, combining movement, poses, breathing and relaxation.
It is my intention to provide a yoga suitable for everybody, with or without any yoga experience, offering each class, as a feel good, fun and relaxing activity. Yoga is beneficial for everyone, it is a process which helps reconnect to our true inner selves, to gain a sense of peace, calm and wellbeing, creating a balanced lifestyle.
What are the benefits?
- Connects the mind and body
- Deep relaxation
- Soothes the nervous system
- Increase energy levels
- Release tension in the body
- Releases stress, anxiety and depression
- Improves digestion
- Detoxifies the body and mind
- Improves breathing patterns
- Increases flexibility, joint mobility and range of movement and co-ordination.
- Assists with natural alignment and posture
- Improves circulation and muscle tone
- Strengthens the internal organs and stimulates the immune system
- Relieves aches, pains and stiffness
- Releases deeply held emotions and physical tension
- Transformational and positive effect on the mind
- Corrects the imbalances in the body and stimulates the body's natural healing process
You'll find me at the Sussex Innovation Centre on Sussex University campus every Thursday at 5.15pm offering Vinyasa Flow Yoga for £6. I will be running classes in Southwick and Lancing very soon, so do watch this space!